Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bitter Sweet

Well, after being very excited yesterday about the I-800a, today I was getting all the docs together and checking with the adoption agency to make sure I had everything and she said "...and the physical and criminal background checks have to be less than 6 months old...". I almost threw-up on my desk at work. The background check is pretty fast, I just have to go to the police station and get it. The physical is too, I just have to schedule it.

Oh, did I mention that I have a HUGE HUGE MASSIVE needle phobia? Mainly involving giving blood. I PURPOSELY waited to do the physical last for the homestudy because I'm a huge girl. But when it takes 6+ months to get the homestudy completed, AND approved by the agency, AND approved by homeland security it is more than 6 months later. So now I have to go and get another physical. I am extremely upset about this as it seems kind of retarded that they have a 6 month window on it. It doesn't matter I suppose ,I dont think there is much I can do about it. The only upside to it is that this time we don't have to get the tuberculosis test because that is a Tennessee social services only thing.

So my day went basically in the complete opposite direction I thought it was going. Instead of sending paperwork off to get the certification stamping process started, I'm once again setting up days off and visits to the evil doctor office to stick my arm with sharp pointy metal tubes, :(



This little girl better be extra cute, cause making kids naturally is way easier and way more fun.

1 comment:

Roby said...

You make me smile.