Monday, August 17, 2009

Sending Off More

We are sending off the last batches of paperwork today....I think. Our Visa applications and passports are in the Fedex envelope now ready to be sent off. We are using a courier service, Dependable Adoption Courier Service, to expedite the visa process. They should be done this week, or early next week, no hurry really, we aren't leaving for a few weeks at earliest. I also got our agency specific paperwork together and have signed and stamped it all. Lastly, we filled out the baby's Visa application to come here. Government forms are borderline insane, especially immigration related forms. There are so many questions, and sooooooooooooo much room for error, they seem designed to make sure you miss a field or mark something incorrectly. I think we are done with all the boring paperwork now, we hope so anyways. We have a few little benchmark dates to hit, but its mainly following the paperwork flow as it goes from agency to agency and gets approved.

We also got a note from our courier service in China! Ann at Red Thread has delivered 3 packages for us, she does an excellent job and we are impressed each time. The last thing we sent off was a "birthday package", cake, some toys, little things like that. We were hoping to get some pictures at the end of the month, after her actual birthday. Many other people get these little birthday party pictures when they send a cake. Some orphanages are strict and won't send anything but pictures of the cake, to basically show that they bought one. Some places take video and pictures of the party/event. We got 2 new pics today, I kind of hate them, :)




I can't stand the haircut. I've seen it before, and I always think its strange. Its definitely a Chinese "thing", some of the parents I've talked with say they do it because it will make the hair grow in better/thicker. I guess we will need to buy her lots of hats for when we get home, it will be cold!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Hi,
Our family has a LOA of 7/21-I have a question about the visa paperwork.I sent in our visa's to a service-but, what did you mean about the baby's visa app? I'm afraid I haven't completed a piece of paperwork. Please email me at bahollow111@hotmail.com
Thank You,
Brandi

Ashley said...

She is beautiful! I know you are so excited. I am glad to know you have sent 3 care packages. We have only sent one and I would really love some more picutres.

bbmomof2boys said...

ahhh....the hair!!! OMG - how funny!! Silly girl - she seems to be happy though and her little dress is kind of cute.

Really - she is beautiful. I know she can't wait for her mommy and daddy to come get her. I looked at your timeline and it seems to be pretty quick though I'm sure it would be much quicker if you had your way!

Hopefully your TA will be here soon.

Hugs,
Carla

A little about me..... said...

She is a beauty! Her hair reminds me of the children in Anna and the King. Sounds like things are moving quickly for you. Congratulations! So exciting! We are still waiting out our LSC. We had the same LOI and PA. On day 78 now. Hopefully, soon. Looking forward to following your travel:)
Amy