Monday, September 14, 2009

Cyber Stalking

I've started the stalking process of the Guangzhou Consulate. I waited just over a week for the cabled file to be there. Our other paperwork is already there as well, per the agency anyways. So now I'm asking about the status, which they will likely tell me they can't give out. I've seen other people say that if they are persistent that they will give them the status, I can do that, :P Also, I've started to get a little nervous. The agency said the Article 5 document takes about 2-4 weeks, but I have seen some people getting them turned around in as few as 5 days, WOW. Given the quick nature of all our previous steps we think we will get Article 5 fast. That would put us into "Your going to China within 1-5 weeks" mode. The averages put us going in November, but the JnJ averages could have us there in October depending on a multitude of things we have no control over.

ALSO, we did get pictures back of the Birthday Party! Ann over at Red Thread got some pics of the cake and the party, we were very excited!





Really nice cake, and everyone seems to be having fun. I highly recommend using Red Thread, Ann has been exceptionally helpful, and almost always gets us pictures. She has sent us several pics, and measurements for Mei-Mei 2 or 3 times now. The agency JUST sent some to us a few days ago, *shrug* I know thats not the agency's purpose, but it'd be nice to get something from them about the little one every so often.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday!
Your stalking helps those of us behind you. I do hope your husband predictions are correct and you travel in October! -
ashley

Jen said...

We loved Ann from Red thread. We sent a cake to our daughter back in July on her 2nd birthday and got 8 precious pictures of her!!!
We just used her again to send another care package and will hopefully get measurements again soon!!

Jen