Friday, September 25, 2009

The last step!

Well, our Article 5 document was signed, and has been sent to the CCAA. They will give us our travel appointment. This is the LAST thing we wait for in the process. The next thing we hear should be when we actually get to leave. The holiday in China starts on Thursday and run through to the next Thursday. So an entire week will be blocked out that nobody will be processing dates. So basically we could get some info between Sunday and Wednesday, but its not very likely, the average wait for a TA is 2-4 weeks. We will anxiously wait out the next few days to make sure something miraculous doesn't happen, and then we have a week off of obsessing and wondering about "When?". It took us right about 16 days to get the Article 5 signed, which is good, the average is 2-4 weeks. We have a "Toddler Shower" on Oct. 3rd, and then head to Disney World from Oct 22-29, so our month will be busy enough that we should not go completely insane.

6 comments:

Aislynn said...

That is so great, the wait is almost over! Congratulations to you guys! :)

Ashley said...

Y'all are really moving!!! Congratulations! What a fun month ahead.

You are almost there.

A little about me..... said...

Yeah!! You are getting so close. We are not far behind you!!! Wishing a quick TA for you!!!

Riki said...

I couldn't make the shower...being out of town and we had a funeral that day. I want to get her something, is she a 2T or 3T? Other? I can always email you.

Rebekah said...

You are getting so close!!! I'm sure this part of the wait is so hard. I am right behind you, as we got our I-800 approval on Sept. 29. After reading your last few posts, I wondered if you could email me the email addresses for the National Visa Center and the consultate in China. I want to be able to track our progress also. My email is bmw_woods@yahoo.com. Thank you and hoping you get your TA soon.
Rebekah

Ashley said...

So surprised you did not get TA this week. Any word?

Hoping it is this week!